CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

25/08/2008

What I'd love to have at this very moment



Kuih Bom. Saaaaaasiiiapun =S
Hahaha I know, I know....I'm like a pregnant woman with a craving. Pfffttt...I want Kuih Bom. Really! I can't have enough of them. I ate like more than 10 two weeks ago and I want more! Mama told me to make them myself but I trust these hands won't make them taste any good :(
To simply put it, MALAS :p

Ever wonder how to make them? I did...I found this somewhere:


Glutinous flour (tepung pulut) 240g (1cup)

flour 1 tbsp

lime-water (ayer kapur) 1 tsp

water 200 ml

sugar 4 tbsp (original recipe says 10 tbsp)

a bit salt

sesame seeds to coat the dough

Filling

leftover bubor kacang OR

mung bean (kacang hijau) soaked for 6 hrs and boiled till soft

sugar 60-80 grams

fresh coconut 30 grams (shredded)

Flour 2 tbsp

  1. In a bowl, mix flour, glutinous flour, lime-water, salt and sugar.
  2. Pour in water, little by little while kneading it. The dough should be a bit sticky and soft. Add more water if you have to.
  3. Make a small rounded dough and fill with mung bean filling (makesure the filling is not watery)
  4. Roll the small dough on the bowl full with sesame seed. Makesure it is well coated.
  5. deep-fry in the medium heat oil.

Tips : By adding sugar in the dough will prevent the kuih bom from explode in the frying pan. Don't try not to put any sugar at all. Kuih bom is best eaten when it is cold.


So..Friends or Family, Make this for me~ HAHAHAHA fasting month is coming so do a little bit of a good deed and send them to me if you make them xp I'll do my part of a good deed by not wasting it..I promise I'll finish them HOHOHOHOHO..! =D


Love,
K11

0 comments: