CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

16/08/2008

Work, People & Me

Okay here’s the thing.
It has been over a month since we worked in our attachment areas. I, at the museum (mainly
Arkib Negara) and the rest of them are elsewhere. Of course there are three others with me (meaning, being attached under Museum with me being in a different area); Nasib, Lli & Suib but still we’re a world away.


The first week was
dreadful.
I knew no one, I was nervous (with the whole I-don’t-know-if-I’ll-be-able-to-do-anything feeling), I was alone at the Arkib Negara while the three of them sit their butts off feeling comfortable having to see familiar faces around *jealous* and then there’s the part where I was missing the classmates. God knows how bad I wanted to go back to school. Really bad. Like living-forever-with-cholera-and-never-dies bad. It was torturous for me to handle my stormy mood. I’m too young to be that dramatic..!

Thank heavens the second week wasn’t a pain in the ass. Met more people whom I pretended to catch their names and forgot seconds later. Hehehe.. Hey, my brain doesn’t work fast for unnecessary things. Give me a break. I swear I’ll remember the important ones, soon, maybe, eventually I will. =D If they don’t remember me then it’s not a problem if it happens vice versa right? Right? Right! That's settled =)
Then there’s my supervisor, my boss (Ka Mariani), who is
unusually cool. I don’t usually use that term on someone but in this case, yes, she’s cool. Unusually. A bit of a teaser but it’s nothing I can’t handle.

What happened in Second week? Went here, there and possibly everywhere (for me). I’m being honest here. I’ve never known that Brunei has an archaeological site & a deserted coal mine. And these places, right under our noses and I didn’t know. That ticks me off a bit. Only wished I’d known earlier. Too bad these places aren’t strictly guarded. Damn thieves! I mean c’mon it’s history! Have a sense of value..stop taking those historical stuff. It’s not yours! But If it’s your ancestor’s (or someone in your bloodline) and technically it belongs to you, then......share! I want to seeeeee..purrrtteeyyy puuhleeeeaaassee xD

The hours turned to days and days turned to weeks and the clock continues to rotate. Before I knew it..Ka-Poof! 7 weeks gone! I didn’t even notice it! haha Now that was a lie. Of course I noticed! I practically update my Log-book everyday (the thing I do to entertain myself in the office, aside from sneaking away to the library at the Arkib) Hehehehehehe Time flies like the birds without a broken wing. Hahahaha what the?!

Here’s to end my words. I went to places I’ve never been to. From Tasek Merimbun to Labu Estate to Makam-Makam Sultan Brunei to Archaeological sites to Bukit Patoi and so on. I’m doing well now. I’ve to say though office work sucks =p I’m more of an outdoor person. It’s all part of the process. I’m still missing the classmates but I meet them once in a while. I’m not counting days before we can go back to school anymore. Well, Maybe just a little =)

Archaeological Site in Jalan Kota Batu

Archaeological site I

Archaeological site II (In theory: A tomb)

Archaeological site III

Surveying (Pose for the cam!) Suib na pandai blakun! woo!

My favorite view from the site :) couldn't help myself from taking a quick click..

Lombong Arang Batu at Muara

Lli & I..Ready for the jungle..! yeah!

Inside a coal mine..Do try ignoring the head :)

Tasek Merimbun Heritage Park

-Loving nature-

Lli & Nasib

:)

Suib & a great view

Makam & Tugu

hehe..somewhere

Hindu Tomb @ a muslim cemetery

Wood-turned-to-Stone Tomb (a whole other story to tell)
Batu Salasilah

Trying to read the Jawi written on it

There's actually more pictures but alas, I'm tired. :)

Have a good night now..
Love,
K11

0 comments: